About Our Church, Pastors, Mission & Beliefs
A Place to Grow in God
A church should be a haven in this sinful world … a place to draw close to God and leave our burdens at His altar.
We strive to teach and preach the word of God without compromise from a heart of love, challenging God’s people to live a surrendered life, so they may grow in intimacy with Christ and personal holiness by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We also emphasize the need to reach the lost and dying with the gospel message, and the need to love and work diligently with those whom God brings into our midst.
We offer worship services Sunday mornings and evenings, adult and children’s Sunday School classes, a prayer meeting on Tuesday evenings, and a Bible Study on Wednesday evenings. (See schedule.)
We’d love for you to join us in worshiping our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We will stand with you, pray with you and encourage you in your walk with the Lord.
Bethany Revival Center, 427 W 21st Street N, Wichita, KS, 67203
Pastors John & Judy DiZazzo
A Heart for the Lost and God’s People
Pastor John grew up in rural Vermont. At age 19, he accepted Christ as his personal Savior. A few months later, he enrolled in Bethel Bible College, affiliated with Bethel Revival Center in Boston, Mass.
After Bible school, John spent about a year in ministry in Omaha, Neb. He then returned to the church in Boston, to help in the construction of a new administration building. Soon afterwards, he and Judy fell in love. They came to realize that God had placed that love there because His calling for each of their lives would be fulfilled in them as a couple. They were married the following May.
Judy grew up at Bethel Revival Center, where her father (now deceased) was senior pastor. Through the years she experienced many periods of revival and became quite familiar with the miracle-working power of God. She also graduated from Bethel Bible College.
Shortly after John and Judy were married, they became involved in ministry at their home church.
During their first year of marriage, the DiZazzos sensed the Lord calling them to Wichita. In November 1985, they headed for the nation’s heartland, with God’s promise of bringing revival to Wichita burning in their hearts.
They believe God’s plan for revival requires His people to surrender all to Jesus, following Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
Our Mission & Beliefs
Why We’re Here
To provide a house of worship and prayer in which all peoples are loved and welcome, and from which to propagate the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In fulfilling the above mission, it is our intent to honor Christ as the head of the church, by following His commands, instructions, and direction, both in the church and in our daily lives. We will not promote the church through fleshly means but according to the biblical pattern. We will strive to keep a reverent and holy atmosphere in the church, promoting God’s holiness by the things that are taught and by our example. We intend always to glorify God for the things He accomplishes in our midst and never to take credit for any of it.
We stand firm upon these basic fundamentals as indisputable truths of the faith:
- The inerrancy of the Holy Bible, the Word of God.
- The existence of the one true God manifest in three persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- The common salvation, provided through Christ’s finished work on the cross, is available to all individuals and obtained only through personal faith in God’s only begotten son, Jesus Christ.
- The Person and Work of Christ, as described in seven fundamental truths. These truths are Christ’s:
- Eternal pre-existence (He has always existed as God the Son)
- Virgin birth
- Sinless life and nature
- Complete atonement for sin (The work He accomplished when He shed His blood on the cross was sufficient to atone for all sin and provided the only means for the justification, sanctification and eventual glorification of the believer.)
- Bodily resurrection
- Physical second coming at the end of the age to establish his millennial reign upon the earth
We also believe that:
- All new believers are commanded to follow Christ into water baptism by immersion, as an act of faith and obedience, and as a public declaration of one’s decision to live for Christ.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a distinct experience after salvation. It empowers us for victorious Christian living and effective service, and is available to, and should be desired by, all believers.
- Christians can and must live holy lives by the power of the Holy Spirit, following Christ as our example.
- The nine Gifts of the Spirit mentioned in I Corinthians 12 are available to, and should function in, the church of Jesus Christ in our modern day.